In TASCA’s first podcast, Sam talks with TASCA’s Vice-Chair, Robbin, about life as a thalassaemia and sickle cell affected family during the current COVID-19 quarantine.
Join us as we explore topics that are relevant right now to patients and families living with genetic blood disorders in Australia.
Views and opinions expressed on this podcast are those of the host and guests and do not necessarily express TASCA’s official policy and position.
How you can help?
Write to your Local Member of Parliament.
Use our template to send your own letter and email to your State/Federal Parliament MP or Health Minister and let them know how important this is to our community.
Find your MPs here:
The TASCA team has compiled the following resources for information and support during the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated as more resources become available.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath or sore throat) do not go to your GP or a hospital. Call your local GP clinic or hospital to be given advice. If you have severe symptoms call 000 immediately.
- Thalassaemia International Federation – The COVID-19 Pandemic and Haemoglobin Disorders
- Information Leaflet (For Patients)
- TIF proposed Haemoglobinopathy Patient Pathway (For Treatment Centres)
- TIF Questions Answers on COVID-19 (For Patients)
- A Useful Health & Nutrition Short Guide for the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Haemoglobin Disorder: Blood & COVID-19 (Blood Safety Information)
- Haemoglobin Disorders & COVID-19 – Classification of Risk Groups (For Healthcare Professionals and Patients)
- Australian Health Department
- COVIDsafe Contact-tracing app – This app helps the Health Department contact people who might have had possible contact with someone with a known case of COVID-19
- Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join the Official WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.
- How to access medical services and medicine if you are staying at home – Factsheet
- Infection Control Training Module
- Coronavirus Hotline (Nationwide): 1800 020 080
- Coronavirus Children’s Book (South Australia Health)
- Woolworths Priority Delivery Assistance
- Woolworths Basics Box -$80 for essential items delivered
- Coles Priority Delivery Assistance
- Home Medicine Services Information (Free delivery of prescription medication)
- Home Delivery Service for Jadenu – Novartis
- Lifeline – Phone, text, online chat
- Telecross – Daily phone calls from Red Cross for people who live alone and at risk accidents.
- MediStays Accommodation – Support those needing to find accommodation to self-isolate.
- Contact us