The TASCA Small Grant in Honour Sotirios Katakouzinos & Maria Kastoras is now available and open for applications from TASCA members.
of The TASCA Small Grants program is intended to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of patients through a small grant to fund equipment or other non-perishables for treatment centres.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Haemoglobin disorder patient/parent/carer.
- Current financial TASCA members.
- A social worker on behalf of an individual patient/parent/carer.
- Applicant must reside in Australia
What may be funded?
- Entertainment systems for treatment centres.
- Medical equipment unable to be funded by hospitals.
- Furnishings (small).
- Other non-consumable items that would improve the comfort and wellbeing of patients while receiving treatment.
What will not be funded?
- Consumable items (such as food or drink).
- Personal use items (i.e. equipment that will only benefit one person during the lifespan of the product).
- Standard fees associated with receiving treatment (e.g. parking)
What is the maximum value of the grant?
TASCA will fund equipment to the value of $750.