For the first time, Australia will be lighting up for International Thalassaemia Day to raise awareness of the challenge faced by patients and their families through their journey with this condition.
The locations that will be lit up on the weekend in which ITD falls this year are:
- Kurilpa Bridge, Brisbane, QLD (07/05)
- Telstra Tower, Canberra, ACT (08/05)
- Embassy of Greece in Canberra, ACT (08/05)
- Greater Shepparton City Council (08/05)
- Monash Park Tree, Shepparton, VIC
- Mooroopna Water Towers, Shepparton, VIC
- Launceston Town Hall, Launceston, Tasmania (08/05 to 9/05)
- Story Bridge, Brisbane, QLD (09/05)
- Victoria Bridge, Brisbane, QLD (09/05)
- Reddacliff Place sculptures, Brisbane, QLD (09/05)
- Trafalgar Bridge, Perth, WA
- Perth Council House, Perth, WA (09/05)
- The Bell Tower, Perth, WA (09/05)
We would love to see your photos of the light up! Please send them through to firstname.lastname@example.org.